Re: ABRUPT CLOSURE OF POSTGRESQL SOCKET - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: ABRUPT CLOSURE OF POSTGRESQL SOCKET
Date
List pgsql-novice
"Deepa K" <kdeepa@midascomm.com> writes:
>         I am running postgresql 7.1.3 in RedHat Linux 7.2.

You do realize that both your database and your OS are ancient versions
with many known bugs?

> NOTICE:  RelationBuildDesc: can't open pg_trigger: Too many open files in
> system

I think this is probably the source of the core dump --- the code
probably isn't prepared to recover from that.  You'll need to increase
the kernel limit on number of open files.  In recent PG versions you
could alternatively decrease max_files_per_process, but I'm pretty sure
7.1 did not have that setting ...

            regards, tom lane