Re: BUG #1027: incorrect result from 'order by' - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #1027: incorrect result from 'order by'
Date
List pgsql-bugs
"PostgreSQL Bugs List" <pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org> writes:

You initdb'd in the wrong locale.  You are expecting sort order as in
C locale, but that isn't the default locale setting in recent Red Hat
releases --- en_US is probably what you're using, and that result is
correct according to en_US.  (If you don't believe me, try it with
"sort".)

> I have tried databases with SQL_ASCII, LATIN1 and LATIN2
> encoding with the same result.

Database encoding doesn't affect this.  You'll need to re-initdb
with the desired locale environment.

            regards, tom lane