Re: pg_next_dst_boundary optimization - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pg_next_dst_boundary optimization
Date
List pgsql-patches
Heikki Linnakangas <heikki@enterprisedb.com> writes:
> Has anyone looked what other changes there's been to the code in tz
> library?

Yeah, we need to re-sync that code --- one big item we are missing is
support for 64-bit timezone data (hence, tz info beyond 2038).  I don't
really want to touch it for 8.3 though.  There's been enough code drift
on our side (mostly from well-meaning activities like pg_indent and
ANSI-fying function headers) that a merge is going to be a bit painful,
and risk introducing some bugs.  We should hold that for a fresh
devel cycle rather than try to cram it in at the last minute.

> Which version of tz is our code based on?

Whatever was current when we imported the code (4/2004 looks like).

            regards, tom lane