Re: Values larger than 1/3 of a buffer page cannot be indexed (hstore) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Values larger than 1/3 of a buffer page cannot be indexed (hstore)
Date
List pgsql-general
Stefan Keller <sfkeller@gmail.com> writes:
> Hi Tom, hi all
> Thanks, Tom, for your tipps. You answered 2011/5/1:
>> (...), and there's no point in having the
>> index column contents be the entire tags value (which is what's leading
>> to the failure).  Consider
>>
>> create index planet_osm_point_amenity on planet_osm_point ((tags->amenity));

> To get a more general purpose index I tried also:

> CREATE INDEX planet_osm_point_tags ON planet_osm_point USING gist(tags);
> -- ERROR: invalid hstore value found
> -- SQL state: XX000

> And I'm really interested in being able to use GIST. GIST is also
> recommended here:
> http://www.bostongis.com/PrinterFriendly.aspx?content_name=loading_osm_postgis

> But I still get error 'invalid hstore value found' on my machine -
> whatever I do!

Do you have a self-contained test case for this?  The symptom seems
similar to a bug we found back around 9.0 release --- maybe there's
another instance of the same mistake someplace.

            regards, tom lane