Re: Patch: use SCM_CREDS authentication over PF_LOCAL sockets - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Patch: use SCM_CREDS authentication over PF_LOCAL sockets
Date
Re: Patch: use SCM_CREDS authentication over PF_LOCAL sockets  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
List pgsql-patches
>> BTW, current sources already contain support for using
>> getsockopt(SO_PEERCRED) where available --- AFAIK that's only Linux,
>> but perhaps that's all you need.

> Is this feature any different from the fake local ident we've put it?

Yes.  Wollman's code uses an SCM_CREDS message, which means (a) it will
work on Solaris and one or two other Unixen, not only Linux; but (b)
it requires client-side code additions, not only server-side code.

            regards, tom lane