Re: alter user set local_preload_libraries. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: alter user set local_preload_libraries.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@gmail.com> writes:
> Agreed. I was also thinking we can set it per role, but got surprised
> when I found that's impossible. Is this a problem of only
> local_preload_libraries? I'm afraid that all PGC_BACKEND parameters
> have the same problem.

Well, there aren't that many PGC_BACKEND parameters.

Two of them are log_connections and log_disconnections, which we've
been arguing over whether they should be controllable by non-superusers
in the first place.  The only other ones are ignore_system_indexes and
post_auth_delay, which are debugging things that I can't see using with
ALTER.  So this may be the only one where it's really of much interest.

But I agree that the problem is triggered by the PGC_BACKEND categorization
and not the meaning of this specific GUC.