Re: Compile problem with contrib/tablefunc 7.4.1 - Mailing list pgsql-ports

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Compile problem with contrib/tablefunc 7.4.1
Date
List pgsql-ports
"Murray Bryant" <Murray.Bryant@harmonygold.com.au> writes:
> I am having problems compiling the contrib\tablefunc on freebsd,
> postgresql version 7.4.1

> "/usr/ports/databases/postgresql7/work/postgresql-7.4.1/contrib/tablefun
> c/../../src/Makefile.global", line 38: Missing dependency operator

Looks to me like you are using a non-GNU make.  You probably need to say
"gmake" instead of "make".  (There is a hack in place to let "make" work
at the top level of the Postgres source tree, but not in every
subdirectory...)

            regards, tom lane