Re: 'converts internal representation to "..."' comment is confusing - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: 'converts internal representation to "..."' comment is confusing
Date
Re: 'converts internal representation to "..."' comment is confusing
List pgsql-hackers
Steve Chavez <steve@supabase.io> writes:
> I found "..." confusing in some comments, so this patch changes it to
> "cstring". Which seems to be the intention after all.

Those comments are Berkeley-era, making them probably a decade older
than the "cstring" pseudotype (invented in b663f3443).  Perhaps what
you suggest is an improvement, but I'm not sure that appealing to
original intent can make the case.