Re: Restrict number of connections to specific table - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Restrict number of connections to specific table
Date
Re: Restrict number of connections to specific table  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
List pgsql-novice
"Sam Franklin" <Sam.Franklin@senergyworld.com> writes:
> I have some licenced geospatial data. The licence terms state that only
> "one user can access the data at one time".

> Can I put a constraint on a specific table to restrict the number of
> concurrent connections to 1, which will allow me to adhere to the data
> licencing terms?

Not on a specific table.  You could possibly use a dedicated Postgres
instance with max_connections set to 1.  If you need to serialize access
to just this table while allowing concurrent access to some other data
in the same DB, then there's no built-in answer.

            regards, tom lane