Re: specifying wal file size - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: specifying wal file size
Date
List pgsql-sql
gherzig@fmed.uba.ar writes:
> Hi dudes. Im trying to find out how to deal with this. I just receive a
> 1.2 MB wal file (may some 'windows home version' do that?), and obviosly,
> when i try to recovery from there, get the 'incorrect file size' error.
> Acording to the docs, wal file size can be changed at compile time. Not so
> bad, i can do that. But where is that code?

> BTW: 1163398 bytes seems like a wrong size for any wal file, isnt?

WAL files must certainly be a power of 2 in size.  I think you're
looking at a file-transfer error, or else the file got corrupted
on the source system.  I rather doubt that your source knows how
to change the intended file size from 16MB anyway ;-)
        regards, tom lane