Re: New compile warnings for inheritance - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: New compile warnings for inheritance
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Hmph.  I'm unsure why there's a platform dependency there, but we should
>> probably just add an ORDER BY to suppress it.  Will do.

> Why did it just appear?  Optimizer changes in the past few days?

I did just change the planner, but what I don't understand at the moment
is why the results changed for me and not for you.

It looks like it's not actually the join to pg_class that is determining
this, but the plan used for the UPDATE just above it.  That involves
only freshly-created tables and so it ought to be pretty much the same
planner problem for everyone.  Odd.  I'm building now on a Linux machine
to see if I can reproduce your result when using little-endian hardware.