Re: BUG #1739: memory leak in pl/perl with spi_exec_query - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #1739: memory leak in pl/perl with spi_exec_query
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Jean-Max Reymond <jmreymond@ckr-solutions.com> writes:
> I have run again my real plperl procedure and attach a gdb to the process.
> a call MemoryContextStats(TopMemoryContext) gives me the results as above.

> SPI Proc: 1015013376 total in 130 blocks; 1893336 free (0 chunks);
> 1013120040 used

Well, that says it's definitely a bug in plperl, not some weird
Perl/malloc interaction as I thought previously.  Probably plperl
is failing to release SPI queries when done with them.  Any plperl
people want to take a look?

            regards, tom lane