Re: FSM and VM file - Mailing list pgsql-general

From akp geek
Subject Re: FSM and VM file
Date
List pgsql-general
I am doing a replication of one of the database and the size of the slave database is growing exponentially . Right now the size of master db is 849M and the slave is 7GB.

When I noticed the base directory on the slave , that's when I noticed the fsm and vm files and raised the question.

is there any reason why this happens? or is there way to limit the size of the file.

my master is 8.3 and slave is 8.4

Appreciate your help

Regards