Re: FYI: LLVM Runtime Crash - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: FYI: LLVM Runtime Crash
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2024-06-17 16:07:49 -0400, David E. Wheeler wrote:
> On Jun 17, 2024, at 11:52, David E. Wheeler <david@justatheory.com> wrote:
>
> > I don’t *think* it’s something that can be fixed in Postgres core. This is mostly in FYI in case anyone else runs
intothis issue or knows something more about it.

> Okay, a response to the issue[1] says the bug is in Postgres:
>
> > The error message is LLVM reporting the backend can't handle the particular form of "probe-stack" attribute in the
inputLLVM IR. So this is likely a bug in the way postgres is generating LLVM IR: please file a bug against Postgres.
(Feelfree to reopen if you have some reason to believe the issue is on the LLVM side.)

I suspect the issue might be that the version of clang and LLVM are diverging
too far. Does it work if you pass CLANG=/opt/homebrew/opt/llvm/bin/clang to
configure?

Greetings,

Andres Freund