Re: Postgresql OOM - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: Postgresql OOM
Date
Re: Postgresql OOM
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2024-06-06 15:25:25 +0300, Radu Radutiu wrote:
> I have a query that forces an out of memory error, where the OS will kill
> the postgresql process.

FWIW, it can be useful to configure the OS with strict memory overcommit. That
causes postgres to fail more gracefully, because the OOM killer won't be
invoked.

> The query plan (run immediately after a vacuum analyze) is at
> https://explain.depesz.com/s/ITQI#html .

Can you get EXPLAIN (ANALYZE, BUFFERS) to complete if you reduce the number of
workers? It'd be useful to get some of the information about the actual
numbers of tuples etc.

Greetings,

Andres Freund