Re: AIX support - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: AIX support
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2024-Apr-24, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> I agree that targeting PG 18 for a new-er AIX port is the reasonable
> approach.  If there is huge demand, someone can create an AIX fork for
> PG 17 using the reverted patches --- yeah, lots of pain there, but we
> have carried the AIX pain for too long with too little support.

I'm not sure how large the demand would be for an AIX port specifically
of 17, though.  I mean, people using older versions can continue to use
16 until 18 is released.  Upgrading past one major version is hardly
unheard of.

"If you want to have good ideas, you must have many ideas.  Most of them
will be wrong, and what you have to learn is which ones to throw away."
                                                         (Linus Pauling)