Re: Add shared buffer hits to pg_stat_io - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: Add shared buffer hits to pg_stat_io
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2023-03-09 08:23:46 -0500, Melanie Plageman wrote:
> Good idea. v3 attached.

I committed this, after some small regression test changes. I was worried that
the query for testing buffer hits might silently change in the future, so I
added an EXPLAIN for the query. Also removed the need for the explicit RESETs
by using BEGIN; SET LOCAL ...; query; COMMIT;.

Thanks for the patch Melanie and the review Bertrand. I'm excited about
finally being able to compute meaningful cache hit ratios :)

Regards,

Andres