Re: Fix misplaced shared_preload_libraries_in_progress check in few extensions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kyotaro Horiguchi
Subject Re: Fix misplaced shared_preload_libraries_in_progress check in few extensions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
At Sat, 18 Mar 2023 10:26:42 +0530, Bharath Rupireddy <bharath.rupireddyforpostgres@gmail.com> wrote in
> Hi,
>
> I'm attaching a patch to do $subject in autoprewarm.c and worker_spi
> extensions. The way it is right now doesn't hurt anyone, but why to
> fail after defining custom GUCs if we aren't loading them via
> shared_preload_libraries.
>
> Thoughts?

I don't think they're misplaced at least for pg_prewram. pg_prewarm
worker allows to be executed after startup and the variable is still
used by such prewarm worker processes, but the patch make the variable
stop working in that case.

I didn't look at the part for worker_spi.c.

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center