Re: gcc 13 warnings - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: gcc 13 warnings
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2023-03-17 09:06:05 +0100, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> AFAICT, the default for meson is buildtype=debug, which is -O0.  The -O3
> comes from meson.build setting buildtype=release.

Right - my point about -O3 was just that buildtype=release defaults to it.

> I think a good compromise would be buildtype=debugoptimized, which is -O2
> with debug symbols, which also sort of matches the default in the autoconf
> world.

Looks like that'd result in a slightly worse build with msvc, as afaict we
wouldn't end up with /OPT:REF doesn't get specified, which automatically gets
disabled if /DEBUG is specified. I guess we can live with that.

Greetings,

Andres Freund