"current directory" in a server error message - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kyotaro Horiguchi
Subject "current directory" in a server error message
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hello.

When I ran pg_ls_dir('..'), the error message I received was somewhat
difficult to understand.

postgres=> select * from pg_ls_dir('..');
ERROR:  path must be in or below the current directory

As far as I know the concept of a "current directory" doesn't apply to
the server side. In fact, the function comment for
convert_and_check_filename explicitly states that:

> * Filename may be absolute or relative to the DataDir

Thus I think that the message should read "path must be in or below
the data directory" instead.

What do you think about making this change?

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center