Re: psql \watch 2nd argument: iteration count - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Nathan Bossart
Subject Re: psql \watch 2nd argument: iteration count
Date
List pgsql-hackers
+1 for adding an iteration count argument to \watch.

+            char *opt_end;
+            sleep = strtod(opt, &opt_end);
+            if (sleep <= 0 || *opt_end)
+            {
+                pg_log_error("Watch period must be positive number, but argument is '%s'", opt);
+                free(opt);
+                resetPQExpBuffer(query_buf);
+                return PSQL_CMD_ERROR;

Is there any reason to disallow 0 for the sleep argument?  I often use
commands like "\watch .1" to run statements repeatedly with very little
time in between, and I'd use "\watch 0" instead if it was available.

--
Nathan Bossart