Re: buildfarm + meson - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: buildfarm + meson
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2023-03-07 15:47:54 -0500, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> On 2023-03-07 Tu 14:37, Andres Freund wrote:
> > The failures are like this:
> >
> > +ERROR:  extension "dummy_index_am" is not available
> > +DETAIL:  Could not open extension control file
"/home/bf/bf-build/piculet-meson/HEAD/inst/share/postgresql/extension/dummy_index_am.control":No such file or
directory.
> > +HINT:  The extension must first be installed on the system where PostgreSQL is running.
> >
> > I assume this is in an interaction with b6a0d469cae.
> >

> > I think we need a install-test-modules or such that installs into the normal
> > directory.
> >

> Exactly.

Here's a prototype for that.

It adds an install-test-files target, Because we want to install into a normal
directory, I removed the necessary munging of the target paths from
meson.build and moved it into install-test-files. I also added DESTDIR
support, so that installing can redirect the directory if desired. That's used
for the tmp_install/ installation now.

I didn't like the number of arguments necessary for install_test_files, so I
changed it to use

--install target list of files

which makes it easier to use for further directories, if/when we need them.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Attachment