Re: pgbench: using prepared BEGIN statement in a pipeline could cause an error - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: pgbench: using prepared BEGIN statement in a pipeline could cause an error
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2023-Feb-20, Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> Found one last problem: if you do "-f foobar.sql -M prepared" in that
> order, then the prepare fails because the statement names would not be
> assigned when the file is parsed.  This coding only supported doing
> "-M prepared -f foobar.sql", which funnily enough is the only one that
> PostgreSQL/Cluster.pm->pgbench() supports.  So I moved the prepared
> statement name generation to the postprocess step.

Pushed to all three branches -- thanks, Nagata-san, for diagnosing the
issue.

"How strange it is to find the words "Perl" and "saner" in such close
proximity, with no apparent sense of irony. I doubt that Larry himself
could have managed it."         (ncm, http://lwn.net/Articles/174769/)