Re: Create user mapping without password - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Kyotaro Horiguchi
Subject Re: Create user mapping without password
Date
List pgsql-bugs
At Thu, 16 Feb 2023 11:33:47 +0100, Aymen Rahal <aymen.rahal01@gmail.com> wrote in
> local_db=> select * from employee;
>
> ERROR:  password is required
>
> DETAIL:  Non-superusers must provide a password in the user mapping.
>
> Could you please help me to create the mapping user without password.

In PostgreSQL 13 or higher, there's an option
"password_requried". Setting it to 'false' does that for you.

By the way, the message might be more informative if it included a
mention of the option?

> DETAIL:  Non-superusers must provide a password in the user mapping unless the option 'password_required' is set to
false.

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi