Re: Does Postgres 14 have a query cache? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Peter J. Holzer
Subject Re: Does Postgres 14 have a query cache?
Date
List pgsql-general
On 2023-02-18 06:46:59 -0800, Siddharth Jain wrote:
> I think the answer is no but wanted to confirm here. this is what my best
> friend told me.
>
> image.png

ChatGPT is your best friend?

It is correct. PostgreSQL doesn't have a query cache. I think the reason
is that the use case (the exact same query is submitted repeatedly) is
sufficiently rare that it isn't all that effective in practice.

(The other techniques mentioned are of course also used by other
databases.)

        hp

Attachment