Re: ATTACH PARTITION seems to ignore column generation status - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: ATTACH PARTITION seems to ignore column generation status
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2023-Feb-16, Alexander Lakhin wrote:

> I've encountered a query that triggers an assert added in that commit:
> CREATE TABLE t(a int, b int GENERATED ALWAYS AS (a) STORED) PARTITION BY
> RANGE (a);
> CREATE TABLE tp PARTITION OF t(b DEFAULT 1) FOR VALUES FROM (0) to (1);

It seems wrong that this command is accepted.  It should have given an
error, because the partition is not allowed to override the generation
of the value that is specified in the parent table.

"Pido que me den el Nobel por razones humanitarias" (Nicanor Parra)