Re: pgsql: Get rid of the "new" and "old" entries in a view's rangetable. - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: pgsql: Get rid of the "new" and "old" entries in a view's rangetable.
Date
List pgsql-committers
Hi,

On 2023-01-18 15:08:38 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> > On 2023-01-18 18:24:45 +0000, Tom Lane wrote:
> >> Get rid of the "new" and "old" entries in a view's rangetable.
>
> > This seems to have caused a test failure on windows. Looks like it's not
> > indicating a real problem, just that collate.windows.win1252.out needs to be
> > adapted.
>
> Huh, I wonder why the cfbot never complained about that when
> it was testing this patch ... maybe it doesn't use win1252?

This is the same environment that cfbot is also using, so this is odd. And
cfbot has been failing on windows since the commit went into master:

https://cirrus-ci.com/github/postgresql-cfbot/postgresql/

So I guess something must have changed in the patch since then? I guess it
could be that something changed on the VM, but I don't think so...

Greetings,

Andres Freund