Re: dynamic result sets support in extended query protocol - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: dynamic result sets support in extended query protocol
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2022-Dec-21, Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> I suppose that in order for this to work, we would have to find another
> way to "advance" the queue that doesn't rely on the status being
> PGASYNC_READY.

I think the way to make this work is to increase the coupling between
fe-exec.c and fe-protocol.c by making the queue advance occur when
CommandComplete is received.  This is likely more correct protocol-wise
than what we're doing now: we would consider the command as done when
the server tells us it is done, rather than relying on internal libpq
state.