Re: fixing CREATEROLE - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: fixing CREATEROLE
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Reading 0001:

+        However, <literal>CREATEROLE</literal> does not convey the ability to
+        create <literal>SUPERUSER</literal> roles, nor does it convey any
+        power over <literal>SUPERUSER</literal> roles that already exist.
+        Furthermore, <literal>CREATEROLE</literal> does not convey the power
+        to create <literal>REPLICATION</literal> users, nor the ability to
+        grant or revoke the <literal>REPLICATION</literal> privilege, nor the
+        ability to the role properties of such users.

"... nor the ability to the role properties ..."
I think a verb is missing here.

The contents looks good to me other than that problem, and I agree to
backpatch it.

Why did you choose to use two dots for ellipses in some command
<literal>s rather than three?  I know I've made that choice too on
occassion, but there aren't many such cases and maybe we should put a
stop to it (or a period) before it spreads too much.