Re: plpgsq_plugin's stmt_end() is not called when an error is caught - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kyotaro Horiguchi
Subject Re: plpgsq_plugin's stmt_end() is not called when an error is caught
Date
List pgsql-hackers
At Thu, 15 Dec 2022 09:03:12 +0100, Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> wrote in
> I found some solution based by using fmgr hook
>
> https://github.com/okbob/plpgsql_check/commit/9a17e97354a48913de5219048ee3be6f8460bae9

Oh! Thanks for the pointer, will look into that.

By the way, It seems to me that the tool is using
RegisterResourceReleaseCallback to reset the function nest level. But
since there's a case where the mechanism doesn't work, I suspect that
the callback can be missed in some cases of error return, which seems
to be a bug if it is true..

# I haven't confirmed that behavior by myself, though.

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center