Re: Time delayed LR (WAS Re: logical replication restrictions) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kyotaro Horiguchi
Subject Re: Time delayed LR (WAS Re: logical replication restrictions)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
At Tue, 13 Dec 2022 17:05:35 +0530, Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote in
> On Tue, Dec 13, 2022 at 7:35 AM Kyotaro Horiguchi
> <horikyota.ntt@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > At Mon, 12 Dec 2022 18:10:00 +0530, Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote in
> Yeah, I think ideally it will timeout but if we have a solution like
> during delay, we keep sending ping messages time-to-time, it should
> work fine. However, that needs to be verified. Do you see any reasons
> why that won't work?

Ah. I meant that "I have no clear idea of whether" by "I'm not sure".

I looked there a bit further. Finally ProcessPendingWrites() waits for
streaming socket to be writable thus no critical problem found here.
That being said, it might be better ProcessPendingWrites() refrain
from sending consecutive keepalives while waiting, 30s ping timeout
and 1h delay may result in 120 successive pings. It might not be a big
deal but..

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi