Re: wake up logical workers after ALTER SUBSCRIPTION - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Nathan Bossart
Subject Re: wake up logical workers after ALTER SUBSCRIPTION
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Dec 07, 2022 at 02:07:11PM +0300, Melih Mutlu wrote:
> Do we also need to wake up all sync workers too? Even if not, I'm not
> actually sure whether doing that would harm anything though.
> Just asking since currently the patch wakes up all workers including sync
> workers if any still exists.

After sleeping on this, I think we can do better.  IIUC we can simply check
for AllTablesyncsReady() at the end of process_syncing_tables_for_apply()
and wake up the logical replication workers (which should just consiѕt of
setting the current process's latch) if we are ready for two_phase mode.

--
Nathan Bossart

Attachment