Re: meson PGXS compatibility - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: meson PGXS compatibility
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2022-12-01 08:43:19 +0100, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> > > I have tried this with a few extensions.  Seems to work alright.  I don't
> > > think we need to overthink this.  The way it's set up, if someone needs
> > > additional variables set, they can easily be added.
> >
> > Yea, I am happy enough with it now that the bulk is out of src/meson.build and
> > strip isn't set to an outright wrong value.
>
> How are you planning to proceed with this?  I thought it was ready, but it
> hasn't moved in a while.

I basically was hoping for a review of the prerequisite patches I posted at
[1], particularly 0003 (different approach than before, comparatively large).

Here's an updated version of the patches. There was a stupid copy-paste bug in
the prior version of the 0003 / export_dynamic patch.

I'll push 0001, 0002 shortly. I don't think 0002 is the most elegant approach,
but it's not awful. I'd still like some review for 0003, but will try to push
it in a few days if that's not forthcoming.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20221013051648.ufz7ud2b5tioctyt%40awork3.anarazel.de

Attachment