Re: New docs chapter on Transaction Management and related changes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: New docs chapter on Transaction Management and related changes
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2022-Dec-01, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Patch reverted in all back branches.  I was hoping to get support for
> more aggressive backpatches of docs, but obviously failed.  I should
> have been clearer about my intent to backpatch, and will have to
> consider these issues in future doc backpatches.

FWIW I am in favor of backpatching doc fixes (even if they're not
completely trivial, such as 02d43ad6262d) and smallish additions of
content (63a370938).  But we've added a few terms to the glossary
(606c38459, 3dddb2a82) and those weren't backpatched, which seems
appropriate to me.

"The problem with the facetime model is not just that it's demoralizing, but
that the people pretending to work interrupt the ones actually working."
                                                           (Paul Graham)