Re: generic plans and "initial" pruning - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: generic plans and "initial" pruning
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Looking at 0001, I wonder if we should have a crosscheck that a
PartitionPruneInfo you got from following an index is indeed constructed
for the relation that you think it is: previously, you were always sure
that the prune struct is for this node, because you followed a pointer
that was set up in the node itself.  Now you only have an index, and you
have to trust that the index is correct.

I'm not sure how to implement this, or even if it's doable at all.
Keeping the OID of the partitioned table in the PartitionPruneInfo
struct is easy, but I don't know how to check it in ExecInitMergeAppend
and ExecInitAppend.

"Find a bug in a program, and fix it, and the program will work today.
Show the program how to find and fix a bug, and the program
will work forever" (Oliver Silfridge)