Re: Catalog_xmin is not advanced when a logical slot is lost - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Catalog_xmin is not advanced when a logical slot is lost
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2022-Nov-20, sirisha chamarthi wrote:

> Hi Hackers,
>
> forking this thread from the discussion [1] as suggested by Amit.
>
> Catalog_xmin is not advanced when a logical slot is invalidated (lost)
> until the invalidated slot is dropped. This patch ignores invalidated slots
> while computing the oldest xmin. Attached a small patch to address this and
> the output after the patch is as shown below.

Oh wow, that's bad :-(  I'll get it patched immediately.

"Here's a general engineering tip: if the non-fun part is too complex for you
to figure out, that might indicate the fun part is too ambitious." (John Naylor)
https://postgr.es/m/CAFBsxsG4OWHBbSDM%3DsSeXrQGOtkPiOEOuME4yD7Ce41NtaAD9g%40mail.gmail.com