Re: Mingw task for Cirrus CI - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: Mingw task for Cirrus CI
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2022-10-24 14:13:06 +0300, Melih Mutlu wrote:
> If you say so, then I think it's ready.

I pushed it with a few changes:

- I added an only_if, otherwise the task shows up (without running) even if
  you use ci-os-only: linux
- I added -Dnls=disabled - It seemed to add about 1.5min to the cached build
- Inlined the -l into BASH_EXE and renamed it to BASH
- The indentation of WINDOWS_ENVIRONMENT_BASE was irregular, leading to a
  larger diff. Some other similar cleanups.
- I added 'mingw' as a ci-os-only choice. Perhaps not the
  be-all-end-all. Perhaps we should use windows-{msvc,mingw,cygwin}? Or add
  ci-task-only?

I suspect we can make at least -Dssl=openssl work. Perhaps one of the uuid
implementation is available in msys as well?

Currently we end up with:
   External libraries
     bonjour                : NO
     bsd_auth               : NO
     gss                    : NO
     icu                    : YES 72.1
     ldap                   : YES
     libxml                 : YES 2.10.3
     libxslt                : YES 1.1.37
     llvm                   : NO
     lz4                    : YES 1.9.4
     nls                    : NO
     pam                    : NO
     plperl                 : YES
     plpython               : YES 3.10
     pltcl                  : YES
     readline               : YES
     selinux                : NO
     ssl                    : NO
     systemd                : NO
     uuid                   : NO
     zlib                   : YES 1.2.13
     zstd                   : YES 1.5.2

gss should also work if the is available in the msys repo.

Bonjour is apple only, bsd_auth bsd specific, selinux and systemd linux
specific and pam unixoid specific.

It could also be interesting to see if llvm works, but that might be more
work.

Greetings,

Andres Freund