Re: archive modules - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Nathan Bossart
Subject Re: archive modules
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Nov 15, 2022 at 06:14:25PM +0100, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> On 2022-Nov-15, Nathan Bossart wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Nov 15, 2022 at 10:31:44AM +0100, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>
>> > The surrounding code has changed a bit between PG15 and master, so if we
>> > wanted to backpatch this, we'd need another patch from you.  However, at
>> > this point, I'm content to just leave it be in PG15.
>>
>> Sounds good to me.
>
> Hmm, really?  It seems to me that we will have two slightly different
> behaviors in 15 and master, which may be confusing later on.  I think
> it'd be better to make them both work identically.

I don't have a strong opinion either way.  While consistency between v15
and master seems nice, the behavior change might not be appropriate for a
minor release.  BTW I was able to cherry-pick the committed patch to v15
without any changes.  Peter, could you clarify what changes you'd like to
see in a back-patched version?

--
Nathan Bossart