hstore or jsonb ? - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Bzzzz
Subject hstore or jsonb ?
Date
List pgsql-novice
Hi folks,

I'd like to store specs, as they vary a lot from one item to another,
hstore or jsonb look like the best solution.

Specs can have 2 levels at most.
ie: "color": ["white", "black", "blue"]).

The indexation is mandatory for fulltext accurate researches in
(almost) natural language.

So, as the processing is almost the same (maps I/O in Erlang), which one
would be the best for my needs, hstore or jsonb ?

Also, from what I read, the both of them can be easily indexed, but
which index is the best, GIN or RUM ?

And furthermore, which index option (XXX_ops), if any, would be the best
for the chosen one ?

Jean-Yves