Re: AW: Reducing bandwidth usage of database replication - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Kyotaro Horiguchi
Subject Re: AW: Reducing bandwidth usage of database replication
Date
List pgsql-general
At Fri, 4 Nov 2022 09:25:44 +0000, Sascha Zenglein <zenglein@gessler.de> wrote in
> I have set the status interval to 600s and it still sends a status message every 30s.
> I also tried setting every available option higher, with no success:

I guess you are not setting wal_sender_timeout on the primary side.

Status messages are also sent in response to sender pings that is
controlled by that variable.  Wal sender sends a ping after a half of
that setting since the last status message to request walreceiver to
send a response.

> checkpoint_warning = 93s
> max_standby_streaming_delay = 130s
> max_standby_archive_delay = 45s
> wal_receiver_status_interval = 600s
> wal_receiver_timeout = 1200s
> wal_receiver_timeout = 65s
> recovery_min_apply_delay = 600s
>
> The random values were to see which setting is limiting if I got above the 30s limit.

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center