Re: make_ctags: use -I option to ignore pg_node_attr macro - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Yugo NAGATA
Subject Re: make_ctags: use -I option to ignore pg_node_attr macro
Date
List pgsql-hackers

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/CAFcNs%2BrG-DASXzHcecYKvAj%2Brmxi8CpMAgbpGpEK-mjC96F%3DLg%40mail.gmail.com

> It seems the consensus was to avoid to put this sort of things into
> .gitignore in the PostgreSQL source tree.  Rather, put into personal
> .gitignore or whatever so that developers don't need to care about
> other's preference.

Ok, I understand. Thanks!

By the way, after executing both make_etags and make_ctags, trying tag jump
in my vim causes the following error even though there are correct tags files.

 E431: Format error in tags file "backend/access/heap/TAGS"

Removing all TAGS files as below can resolve this error.
 $ find . -name TAGS | xargs rm

So, should we have one more option of make_{ce}tags script to clean up
existing tags/TAGS files?

--
Yugo NAGATA <nagata@sraoss.co.jp>