PG 15 downloads - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Andres Freund
Subject PG 15 downloads
Date
Re: PG 15 downloads
List pgsql-www
Hi,

I saw the following comment https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=33194755
>  Just some feedback for releases of any software: I think apt sources and
>  repositories should be ready to go on launch and PR-release so people can
>  immediately use the new version. Looks like that's going to take 2-3
>  days. Sources are available but that's not something most people want to
>  delve in with make files and dependencies. Something like postgres is
>  huge. Right now, if you go to downloads and expect postgresql-15 available,
>  it is not; lot of people on IRC and elsewhere on Twitter are confused where
>  to download postgresql-15. I know that takes time, so the PR release should
>  just be delayed until apt sources are ready. May be also docker
>  repositories.

Some of these are actually ready, our website does make it look like that's
not the case.

The pages for the EDB installers
https://www.postgresql.org/download/macosx/
https://www.postgresql.org/download/windows/
only list versions up to 14, but the downloads are actually available on the
EDB page.

Unfortunately it does look like our debian / ubuntu packages are still at 15
rc2.

Greetings,

Andres Freund