Re: [RFC] building postgres with meson - v13 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: [RFC] building postgres with meson - v13
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2022-10-13 09:24:51 +0000, shiy.fnst@fujitsu.com wrote:
> I noticed that `pg_config --configure` didn't show the options given when
> building with meson.

Yes, that was noted somewhere on this thread.

> Maybe it would be better if pg_config can output this information, to be
> consistent with the output when building with `./configure` and `make`.
>
> The output when building with `./configure` and `make`:
> $ pg_config --configure
>  '--prefix=/home/postgres/install/' '--cache' 'gcc.cache' '--enable-dtrace' '--with-icu' '--enable-cassert'

It'd be a fair amount of work, both initially and to maintain it, to generate
something compatible. I can see some benefit in showing some feature
influencing output in --configure, but compatible output doesn't seem worth it
to me.

Greetings,

Andres Freund