Re: Remove an unnecessary LSN calculation while validating WAL page header - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Remove an unnecessary LSN calculation while validating WAL page header
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2022-Oct-11, Richard Guo wrote:

> As I can see in 7fcbf6a4 ValidXLogPageHeader() is refactored as

True, but look at dfda6ebaec67 -- that changed the use of recaddr from
being built from parts (which were globals back then) into something
that was computed locally.

Knowing how difficult that code was, and how heroic was to change it to
a more maintainable form, I place no blame on failing to notice that
some small thing could have been written more easily.

Y una voz del caos me habló y me dijo
"Sonríe y sé feliz, podría ser peor".
Y sonreí. Y fui feliz.
Y fue peor.