Re: [RFC] building postgres with meson - v13 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Justin Pryzby
Subject Re: [RFC] building postgres with meson - v13
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Oct 02, 2022 at 11:05:30AM -0700, Andres Freund wrote:
> > Also, you wrote "rm -fr build" between building for gcc and clang, but
> > since they run in an "always" block, it'd be better to use separate
> > dirs, to allow seeing logs for the the all (failed) tasks, in case the
> > last one succeeds.
>
> Hm, when are logs important for CompilerWarnings? I don't think we even
> collect any?  Using a different builddir for the "sibling" tests (i.e. the two
> gcc and the two clang tests) would increase the times a bit because we'd
> regenerate the bison files etc.
>
> I guess it'll look a bit cleaner to use a build-gcc and a build-clang, just to
> get rid of the irregularity of needing that rm -rf.

The build logs are important when hacking on .cirrus.yml itself.

You're right that we don't normally save logs for CompilerWarnings; one or
another (unpublished) patch of mine adds that, and then also needed to change
to use separate dirs in order to debug building while experimenting with your
patch to use meson.

--
Justin