Re: A doubt about a newly added errdetail - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kyotaro Horiguchi
Subject Re: A doubt about a newly added errdetail
Date
List pgsql-hackers
At Mon, 26 Sep 2022 17:33:46 +0530, Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote in
> On Mon, Sep 26, 2022 at 4:45 PM houzj.fnst@fujitsu.com
> <houzj.fnst@fujitsu.com> wrote:
> >

> > Attach the patch. (The patch can apply on both HEAD and PG15)
> >

> The patch looks good to me.
>
> *
> - errmsg("cannot add schema to the publication"),
> + errmsg("cannot add schema to publication \"%s\"",
> +    stmt->pubname),
>
> I see that you have improved an additional message in the patch which
> appears okay to me.

Overall +1 from me, thanks!

By the way, this is not an issue caused by the proposed patch, I see
the following message in the patch.

-                     errdetail("Column list cannot be used for a partitioned table when %s is false.",
+                     errdetail("Column list cannot be specified for a partitioned table when %s is false.",
                                "publish_via_partition_root")));

I think that the purpose of such separation of variable names is to
unify multiple messages differing only by the names (to keep
translation labor (relatively:p) low). In that sense, that separation
here is useless since I see no chance of having the same message with
another variable in future.

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi