Re: fix stats_fetch_consistency value in postgresql.conf.sample - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kyotaro Horiguchi
Subject Re: fix stats_fetch_consistency value in postgresql.conf.sample
Date
Re: fix stats_fetch_consistency value in postgresql.conf.sample
List pgsql-hackers
At Sat, 17 Sep 2022 23:53:07 -0500, Justin Pryzby <pryzby@telsasoft.com> wrote in
> This is an alternative implementation, which still relies on adding the
> GUC_DYNAMIC, flag but doesn't require adding a new, sql-accessible
> function to convert the GUC to a pretty/human display value.

Thanks!

I'm not sure shared_buffer is GUC_DYNAMIC_DEFAULT, and we need to read
postgresql.conf.sample using SQL, but +1 for the direction.

+    AND NOT (sc.sample_value ~ '^0' AND current_setting(name) ~ '^0') -- zeros may be written differently
+    AND NOT (sc.sample_value='60s' AND current_setting(name) = '1min') -- two ways to write 1min

Mmm. Couldn't we get away from that explicit exceptions?

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center