Re: predefined role(s) for VACUUM and ANALYZE - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Nathan Bossart
Subject Re: predefined role(s) for VACUUM and ANALYZE
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Sep 07, 2022 at 04:15:23PM -0700, Mark Dilger wrote:
> Ok, now I'm a bit lost.  If I want to use Nathan's feature to create a role to vacuum and analyze my database on a
regularbasis, how does per-relation granularity help me?  If somebody creates a new table and doesn't grant those
privilegesto the role, doesn't that break the usage case?  To me, per-relation granularity sounds useful, but
orthogonal,to this feature.

I think there is room for both per-relation privileges and new predefined
roles.  My latest patch set [0] introduces both.

[0] https://postgr.es/m/20220908055035.GA2100193%40nathanxps13

--
Nathan Bossart