Re: Postmaster self-deadlock due to PLT linkage resolution - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: Postmaster self-deadlock due to PLT linkage resolution
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2022-08-30 13:24:39 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> > Perhaps it'd be saner to default to building with -Wl,-z,now? That should fix
> > the problem too, right (and if we combine it with relro, it'd be a security
> > improvement to boot).
>
> Hm.  Not sure if that works on NetBSD, but I'll check it out.

FWIW, it's a decently (well over 10 years) old thing I think. And it's documented in
the netbsd ld manpage and their packaging guide (albeit indirectly, with their
tooling doing the work of specifying the flags):
https://www.netbsd.org/docs/pkgsrc/hardening.html#hardening.audit.relrofull

Greetings,

Andres Freund