Re: windows cfbot failing: my_perl - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: windows cfbot failing: my_perl
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2022-08-27 12:53:24 +0700, John Naylor wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 27, 2022 at 11:20 AM John Naylor
> <john.naylor@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> >
> > Here's a patch with that idea, not tested on Windows yet.
>
> Update: I tried taking the CI for a spin, but ran into IT issues with
> Github when I tried to push my branch to remote.

A github, not a CI issue? Just making sure...

As a workaround you can just open a CF entry, that'll run the patch soon.

But either way, I ran the patch "manually" in a windows VM that I had running
anyway. With the meson patchset, but I don't see how it could matter here.

1/5 postgresql:setup / tmp_install                          OK                1.30s
2/5 postgresql:jsonb_plperl / jsonb_plperl/regress          OK                8.30s
3/5 postgresql:bool_plperl / bool_plperl/regress            OK                8.30s
4/5 postgresql:hstore_plperl / hstore_plperl/regress        OK                8.64s
5/5 postgresql:plperl / plperl/regress                      OK               10.41s

Ok:                 5

I didn't test other platforms.

WRT the patch's commit message: The issue isn't that perl's free() is
redefined, it's that perl's #define free (which references perl globals!)
breaks windows' header...

Greetings,

Andres Freund